Here are some outstanding new voices in horror and other genres who are definitely worth following because they're awesome.
- Linguist, Nahuatl speaker, and YA author David Bowles is the author of They Call Me Güero, recently awarded a White Raven award. A prolific author, Bowles work includes Mexican myths, poetry, and fiction. See David Bowles' Amazon page here.
- Twitter: @DavidOBowles
Carmen Maria Machado
- Machado's short stories are intimate, haunting, and like nothing I've read since Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber. Her recent collection Her Body and Other Parties will stay with you. Green ribbons, disappearing women, postapocalyptic desolation: it's all there and more.
- Twitter: @carmenmmachado
- Author of the gripping Dead End, Kelly specializes in horror, thrillers, and sci-fi.
- From the description for Dead End: Mutilated bodies are spreading across Colorado. A blood-soaked clown terrifies guests in a Halloween haunted house. Will the detectives learn he's not an employee before it's too late?
- Twitter: @author_mkelly
- A Stoker Award finalist, Tom Leveen specializes in horror and YA literature. Some of Tom Leveen's gripping horror fiction includes Random and Those We Bury Back.
- Twitter: @tomleveen
Douglas L. Wilson
- Author of Affinity's Window and its sequel Awakening, Douglas Wilson specializes in atmospheric, chilling horror.
- From the description of Affinity's Window: Affinity Bell, a lonely child whose only companion is the threadbare doll she’s christened Mr. Moppet, roams the empty halls of Bell Manor attempting to escape the evil that pursues her.
- Twitter: @anglrsg9